The Stratified Medicine Core Laboratory (SMCL) NGS Hub is hosted by the Department of Medical Genetics of the University of Cambridge and, uniquely, housed in the Medical Genetics Laboratories of the East Midlands and East of England NHS Genomic Laboratory Hub (East GLH), allowing us to offer researchers access to clinical grade next generation sequencing services.
What can SMCL offer to the academic, clinical and commercial communities?
- SMCL offers researchers access to clinical grade next generation sequencing; a range of platforms to suit all budgets and coverage requirements at short turnaround times.
- SMCL can provide a complete ‘end to end’ service with a fully flexible approach, encompassing nucleic acid extraction and sample QC, full library preparation and sequencing and bioinformatics analysis or support (or individual parts of this pathway).
- SMCL also offers advice on experimental and project design, and can tailor services (e.g., bespoke NGS assays) to specific project needs.
- SMCL’s typical services include:
- Extraction services
- Library Prep
- Clinical Grade Whole Genome Sequencing
- Clinical Grade Whole Exome Sequencing
- Clinical Grade Targeted Sequencing
- Epigenetic analysis (targeted methylation assays, genome wide methylation profiling, RRBS).
- SMCL equipment
- Illumina sequencers
- Illumina cBot
- Agilent Tapestation
- QIAGEN QIAsymphony
- Beckman Coulter Biomek FXP
- Covaris E220 Focused Ultrasonicator
SMCL is one of the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Facilities.
Please visit SMCL website for further details about the facility’s services and equipment.