Graduate Study Options:
- MPhil in Genomic Medicine: a ten-month full time taught course in Genomic Medicine, delivered in partnership with the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute and the European Bioinformatics Institute.
- MRes in Genomic Medicine: a twelve-month full-time taught course in Genomic Medicine, delivered in partnership with the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute and the European Bioinformatics Institute
This course is also available as a part-time option (six terms) leading to the degree of Master of Studies. Parts of the course may be taken for the award of a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma. For further details on these options and for application information, please see ice.cam.ac.uk/genomics.
- MPhil by research (thesis): a one year full-time or part-time research course consisting of three (fulltime) or five (part-time) terms
- PhD (thesis): a standard three-year programme with flexible start dates (can also be taken part-time over five years).
Are you eligible to apply for admission to our programmes?
There is a high level of competition for admission to the University of Cambridge graduate programmes. Like all departments in the Graduate School, we require all our graduate entrants to have the following:
- At least a 2.1 in an Honours degree or equivalent (eg CGPA 3.5/4.0) in a relevant subject
- Two outstanding references from senior University staff at your most recent University
- Fluency in the English language – recent IELTS test with an overall band score of at least 7.0 with not less than 7.0 in speaking, listening and writing, and 6.5 in reading.
For more details of the University’s academic requirements please click here.
How to apply to the University:
Please visit Graduate Admissions website for full instructions on how to apply online.
You should apply for admission to the University using the University’s online Applicant Portal if you:
- Wish to apply for University-wide funding competitions – funding competitions all have very early deadlines.
- If you have been awarded a specific studentship / programme position in competition
- If you wish to apply for a College studentship
- If you have an external scholarship; or
- If you have your own funding.
If you have any questions about the MPhil in Genomic Medicine, MPhil by research or PhD study, contact the Postgraduate team: clusterPG@medschl.cam.ac.uk